TOP PHOTO: According to Monday’s agenda for the City of La Follette Workshop, the La Follette Beer Board will have a violation notice for the Red Roof Market.
LAFOLLETTE, TN (WLAF) – The City of La Follette is scheduled to hold its regular monthly workshop on Monday at 5:30pm at city hall.
Among the items on the agenda is a La Follette Beer Board violation notice for the Red Roof Market, located at the corner of Central and Indiana Avenues. More discussion is expected surrounding the status of Postmark La Follette’s usage of the old La Follette Post Office on South Tennessee Avenue.
At the March regular monthly council meeting, Karen Cumorich, a representative from Postmark, approached the council about the possibility of a 24 month lease on the building for zero dollars. After a brief discussion, Councilman Mark Hoskins requested Postmark bring a proposal to the council of its best offer on the building. Hoskins requested the proposal be brought to the council in April and the council will decide at that time. The council also discussed the possibility of declaring the building as surplus and selling it through a realtor or at auction.
AGENDA FOD THE CITY OF LAFOLLETTE City Council Workshop Monday March 28, 5:30 p.m.
- Reports from Boards, Committees and Departments
- Announcement of Easter Egg Hunt April 15, 2022, at 9 am.
- Announcement of the Opening of the Dogwood Trails April 21, 2022, at 10 am.
- Public Hearing announcement on Ordinances 2022-03 and 2022-04.
- Declaring April Clean up Fix up month.
- Discussion on Employee life insurance. (Jonathan Finley)
- LaFollette Beer Board will have a new application Sideline Grill and violation notice Red Roof Market.
- Acceptance of bid for resurfacing and striping Municipal Building rear parking lot and entrance street to Fire Station #3.
- Postmark (Karen Cumorich)
- Acceptance of bid for rescue equipment.
- Acceptance of bid for execration equipment.
PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
ORDINANCES & RESOLUTIONS
- Ordinance 2022-03- Adopting and enacting supplemental and replacement pages for the Municipal Code of the City of LaFollette, Tennessee. (Final Reading)
- Ordinance 2022-04- Amending Section 5-A of the Employee Personnel Policy. (Final Reading)
- Ordinance 2022-07- Ordinance amending personnel policy on recommendations from Comptroller’s Office. (First Reading)
- Resolution 2022-09- Applying for Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds.
- Resolution 2022-10- Engineering Services for Fulghum, MacIndoe & Associates. (Community Development Block Grant Application)
- Resolution 2022-11- Administrative Services for Community Development Partners. (Community Development Block Grant Application)
(WLAF NEWS PUBLISHED – 03/23/2022-2:30PM)