A kitchen fire ended up out of control at a Campbell County home on Saturday.
Around 1pm Saturday, CCRFS crews responded to the report of a house fire at Powell Valley Shores. Crews found heavy smoke coming from the the home as they arrived on the scene. The fire was contained to the kitchen.
Though the home was saved, one of its occupants suffered minor smoke inhalation. CCRFS Assistant Chief Daniel Lawson encourages you to please make sure you have working smoke detectors and never leave food unattended while cooking.
On Saturday night, around 8:30 pm, CCRFS crews were dispatched to a reported barn on fire out at Coolidge. Upon arrival, crews found flames showing from a metal barn structure.
As crews entered the structure, they found a lawn mower on fire (above). The fire was contained to the lawn mower, and there were no injuries. (WLAF NEWS PUBLISHED – 05/24/2020-8AM – PHOTOS COURTESY OF CCRFS ASSISTANT CHIEF DANIEL LAWSON)