LAFOLLETTE, TN (SPECIAL TO WLAF) – Cold sunshine highlights our Tuesday afternoon with temps headed to around zero tonight with wind chills at 20 below.
From the National Weather Service at Morristown:
…WIND CHILL ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 5 PM TODAY UNTIL NOON WEDNESDAY…
* WHAT…Tonight through Wednesday morning, very cold wind chills expected. Wind chills as low as 15 below zero.
* WHERE…Cumberland Plateau and Cumberland Mountains of East Tennessee including Campbell County, southwest Virginia and southwest North Carolina.
* WHEN…Wind Chill Advisory, it is tonight through Wednesday morning, from five o’clock this afternoon to noon Wednesday.
* IMPACTS…Plan on slippery road conditions. The cold wind chills could result in hypothermia if precautions are not taken.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Even after snow and freezing drizzle have ended, icy hazardous travel is expected today and tonight, especially on untreated roads.
* PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS…Use caution while traveling outside. Wear appropriate clothing, a hat, and gloves.
(WLAF NEWS PUBLISHED – 01/16/2024-4PM)