ETHRA Office on Aging is doing the Santa for Seniors Program this Christmas season
By Becky Pierce, Campbell County Office on Aging Director
LAFOLLETTE, TN (SPECIAL TO WLAF) – While children are the beneficiaries of many holiday programs, people often don’t think about the isolated and lonely seniors who need to be remembered as well during the season.
So, I am currently soliciting sponsors for our needy seniors. Please pass this on to whomever you think might be interested. Here is a quick rundown:
- Similar to Angel Tree except for low income and isolated Seniors in our community
- Participants must have been nominated to write a “Santa Letter” I have chosen three representatives in the county that have a lot of contact with the older needy adults in our county that will be making the referrals for this. (although if there is someone you would like to see put on the list you can contact me and I will try to find a sponsor for that person)
- Nominated seniors will write a wish list for Santa. Those lists will be divided up among sponsors (Usually an office works out really well because you can pool resources for your person).
- All items are returned to the ETHRA office at 2301 Jacksboro Pike wrapped or in a gift bag and the ID# I give you on the gift.
- Gifts will be picked up and distributed by the agencies that have been chosen to nominate the seniors leading up to Christmas Day.
- Gifts will have to be dropped off at the ETHRA office,2301 Jacksboro Pike, La Follette by Dec. 8 to allow time for delivery.
It’s important to note that most of the people we serve with this program aren’t on anyone’s Christmas list and would otherwise not be celebrating Christmas.
If you are willing to be a Senior Santa, contact me, Becky Pierce, Campbell County Office on Aging Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 865.705.9675. (WLAF NEWS PUBLISHED – 10/26/2023-6AM)