LAFOLLETTE, TN (WLAF) – Here is a very important message from the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA). Forthcoming this afternoon on WLAF is a statement from LUB General Manager Kenny Baird.
Key Public Messages:
* Extremely cold temperatures across the region are creating unprecedented demands on the power system.
* In the spirit of the holiday season, we are asking for everyone’s help in ensuring the power grid remains stable for us all.
* We are asking businesses and the public to help by immediately reducing electric power use as much as possible without sacrificing safety.
* TVA and local power companies are also proactively taking steps to temporarily reduce power supplies to certain local areas, which may create intermittent power outages to homes and businesses.
* Our expectation is that any power interruptions will be brief (15 – 30 minutes) and could be rotated among different areas.
* The entire TVA team is actively working with local power companies and other regional utilities to minimize the duration of this event.
* We apologize for the inconvenience we know these conditions will cause, especially during a holiday period, but it is a necessary step to prevent far greater power interruptions affecting the entire area.
* We’ll continue to monitor this evolving situation and will communicate any additional information on TVA social media channels and through your local power company. (WLAF NEWS PUBLISHED – 12/23/2022-2PM)