LAFOLLETTE, TN (WLAF) – Based on the agenda set for today’s regular monthly meeting for the City of La Follette Mayor and Council, the Beer Board is expected to issue a violation notice. A related story concerning the investigation by La Follette Police is available here.
Quick Shop Market, the former Kenny’s Pioneer, at 1708 East Central Avenue, will be served with a violation notice, according to the agenda that was released Tuesday afternoon by the City.
The City opens Tuesday’s meeting with a public hearing at 5:30pm at City Hall. The public is allowed this time to comment on Ordinance 2022-13 ahead of its final reading later in the meeting. The ordinance is to amend Title 20, Chapter 4 displaying the American Flag.
Here is the full agenda:
CITY OF LAFOLLETTE
Tuesday October 4, 2022 5:30 p.m.
PUBLIC HEARING CALLED TO ORDER
*Public Hearing for Public to comment on Ordinance.
- Ordinance 2022-13- Ordinance amending Title 20 adding Chapter 4 Displaying American Flag.
* Comments from the Public.
* Comments from the Council.
Public Hearing Adjourned
- Meeting called to order by Mayor
- Prayer & Pledge
- Roll call by Clerk
- Approval of Meeting Minutes from September 2022 including the Public Hearing.
- Reports from Boards, Committees and Departments
- Comments from the Citizens
ORDINANCES & RESOLUTIONS
- Captain at a salary of $38,623.96 effective October 8, 2022.
- Approval of promoting Charles Duff to a full-time Captain at a salary of $45,372.08 effective October 8, 2022.
- Approval of promoting Matthew Forsyth to a full -time Lieutenant at a salary of $41,715.44 effective October 8, 2022.
- Approval of promoting Melisa Phillips to a full time Sergeant at a salary of $38,800.11 effective October 8, 2022.
- Approval of promoting Mallory Campbell to a full time Patrol Officer at a salary of $35,596.91 effective October 8, 2022.
- Approval of promoting Katherine Walden to a full time Dispatcher at a salary of $25,708.80 effective October 8, 2022.
- Approval of promoting Tracy Fernandez to a full time Dispatcher at a salary of $25,708.80 effective October 8, 2022.
- Approval of changing base salary on full time dispatchers from $25,708.80 to $29,120.00 which including: Barbara Frazier,
Monica Gibson, Jessica Hutson, Jennifer Spradlin, Katherine Walden, and Tracy Fernandez effective October 8,2022.
PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
- Approval to use Gradall Excavator as trade in toward the purchase of a new message board.
BEER BOARD MEETING
- Violation notice- Quick Shop Market 1708 East Central Avenue.
(WLAF NEWS PUBLISHED – 09/28/2022-6AM)