TOP PHOTO: Firefighters with the Campbell County Rural Fire Service answered the fire call at Valley View School on Tuesday.

LAFOLLETTE, TN (WLAF) – Quick action by staff members at Valley View Elementary School was the difference this morning when a fire started inside the school near the gym. There was an actual fire in the concession stand according to Principal Jason Dotson.

Dotson and others knocked down the fire with fire extinguishers before firefighters with the Campbell County Rural Fire Service arrived soon after the call came in at 7:29am. Firefighters feel confident they have traced the cause of the fire to a soft drink cooler in the concession stand.

This smoke ventilator and others were used to clear smoke from Valley View School.

A lot of smoke lingers on the 4th and 5th grade halls on the gym end of the school as smoke ventilators are working to clear the air. In the meantime, the displaced students and teachers are in another area of the building away from the smoke.

UPDATE: By 8:30am, it was school as usual at Valley View Elementary School. (WLAF NEWS PUBLISHED – 04/05/2022-8AM)