Ralph Lee “RL” Gibson departed this life on Tuesday, March 22, 2022, at his home, surrounded by his loving family. He was 79. R.L. was the long time host of Campbell County Issues on WLAF-TV 12.
Life: Born July 12, 1942 to Wiley Gibson in Elk Valley, RL’s greatest love was the time spent with his family. Some of his other happiest times were spent fishing, watching his favorite sporting teams come out with a victory, and his support, dedication and compassion for the citizens of Scott County.
Preceded in death: In addition to his father, RL was preceded in death by his brother, Don Marlow.
Survivors: RL is survived by,
• His loving wife of over 55 years, Claudette Gibson;
• Sons: Mark Gibson and wife Janet, and Keith Byrd and wife Michelle;
• Grandchildren: Kayla Webster and husband Ondes, Karri Armstrong and husband Chris, and Mateo Gibson;
• Great-grandchildren: Kinsley and Kyler Webster, and Korbyn and Kalli Armstrong;
• Brothers: Alfred Lane and Danny Gibson;
• Sister: Linda Jeffers and husband Estel;
• Sister-in-law: Hilda Byrd;
• Many other family members and friends.
Services: Visitation will be Friday, March 25, 2022 from 5 pm to 7 pm in the chapel of Four Oaks Funeral Home in Huntsville. Funeral service will be held at 7 pm with Bro. Carlie Duncan and Bro. Dudley Harness officiating. RL’s wishes were cremation.
Arrangements by Four Oaks Funeral Home.