LAFOLLETTE, TN (WLAF) – The photo is of the open house of the enlarged and remodeled First National Bank of La Follette. Since this 1950s photo, this building has burned, was rebuilt and then sold to Community Trust Bank.
In 1957, the FNB bought the space next door and doubled the size of the bank, with a new look on the inside and out.
This is a time when the bank went from the one corner section limestone rock front to the two sections and put on the white tile front, double doors and large front window. (WLAF NEWS PUBLISHED – 08/12/2021-6AM-PHOTO COURTESY OF WLAF’S CHARLIE HUTSON)