TOP PHOTO: Senator Ken Yager has secured library grants for the Campbell County Public Libraries.
NASHVILLE, TN (WLAF) – State Senator Ken Yager (R-Kingston) announced today that a combined total of $37,033 in library grants will be coming to 18 communities throughout Senate District 12 and that includes $4,782 to the La Follette Public Library; $4,815 to the Jellico Public Library; $426 to the Jacksboro Public Library; and $764 to the Caryville Public Library.
The Tennessee State Library and Archives grants stem from the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES) Act passed earlier this year. The funds will assist in increased needs for technology resulting from the pandemic, as well as supplies to keep library staff and visitors safe.
“I am delighted to see these grants awarded to our local libraries and local non-profits,” said Senator Yager. “Our libraries have many new challenges as a result of the pandemic. I thank our librarians for their hard work in meeting these challenges. They do an awesome job and I was pleased to support these grants to help them continue serving our communities.”
Yager also credited members of the House of Representatives in District 12 for their support of the grants, including Rep. Kent Calfee (R-Kingston), Rep. Kelly Keisling (R-Byrdstown), Rep. John Mark Windle (D-Livingston), Rep. Dennis Powers (R-Jacksboro) and Rep. Ron Travis (R-Dayton).
Following is a list of the grants:
- Morgan County: 2,504 to Historic Rugby, Inc.; $1,076 to the Wartburg Public Library; $1,185 to the Petros Public Library; and $2,526 to the Coalfield Public LIbrary
- Pickett County: $1,752 to the Pickett County Historical and Genealogical Society and $3,980 to the Pickett county Public Library
- Scott County: $1,677 to the Winfield Public Library; $750 to the Oneida Public Library; and $745 to the Huntsville Public Library
- Roane County: $1,356 to the Rockwood Public Library; $740 to the Kingston Public Library; and $3,510 to the Harriman Public Library
- Campbell County: $4,782 to the LaFollette Public Library; $4,815 to the Jellico Public Library; $426 to the Jacksboro Public Library; and $764 to the Caryville Public Library
- Fentress County: $750 to the Fentress County Public Library
- Rhea County: $3,695 to the Audrey Pack Memorial Library (WLAF NEWS PUBLISHED – 08/12/2020-11AM)