Families looking for ways to observe Easter will find a feast of buffets and a basket full of egg hunts at Tennessee State Parks, with events leading up to and including the weekend of April 20-21. “Our state parks are geared for families, and we know Easter is a special time on the calendar of many families across our state,” said Anne Marshall, acting deputy commissioner of the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation. “We hope they will choose state parks for such a meaningful time for young and old.”
Six state parks restaurants will have Easter buffets on April 21, and most offer special discounts for seniors and children. They are:
* Cumberland Mountain State Park in Crossville at the Homestead Harvest Restaurant from 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Prices are $17.95 per person, $8.95 for children ages 6-12. Children age 5 and under eat free. Prices do not include drinks and tax. Ten percent discounts are available for seniors 62 and older. For more information, call 931-484-7186.
* David Crockett State Park in Lawrenceburg will have Easter breakfast at Crockett’s Mill Restaurant from 7:30-10 a.m. and a lunch buffet from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. The price for breakfast is $9.95 and lunch is $15.95. The price for children ages 6-11 is $7.95, and seniors get a 10 percent discount. For more information, call 931-762-9541.
* Henry Horton State Park in Chapel Hill at the Governor’s Table Restaurant has a buffet from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Price is $16.95, with 50 percent off for children ages 6-12 and 10 percent off for seniors. For more information, call 931-364-8205.
* Montgomery Bell State Park in Burns at The Forge Restaurant will have Easter lunch from 11 a.m-3 p.m. and dinner from 5-8 p.m. The price is $14.95, and does not include a drink. For more information, call 615-797-3101.
* Natchez Trace State Park in Wildersville will have Easter lunch at the Western Spur at Pin Oak Lodge. The lunch runs from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. The price is $14.95, and does not include a drink. The price for children ages 6-11 is $7.48 plus tax. For more information, call 731-968-8176.
* Pickwick Landing State Park in Counce at the Captain’s Galley restaurant from 11 a.m.-8 p.m. The price is $15.95. Children ages 6-11 eat at half price. Additionally, the Inn at Pickwick Landing is offering a special lodging package that includes an Inn room, dinner for two and breakfast for two for $165. The offer runs through Easter weekend. For more information, call 731-689-3135.
On April 13, Roan Mountain State Park will have an Easter egg hunt and field games from noon-3 p.m. Several parks will have Easter egg hunts on April 20. They include: David Crockett Birthplace State Park, Cumberland Mountain State Park, Standing Stone State Park, Chickasaw State Park, Fort Pillow State Historic Park, Natchez Trace State Park, Nathan Bedford Forrest State Park, and T.O. Fuller State Park.
For detailed information on all Easter-related events at Tennessee State Parks please visit. (WLAF NEWS PUBLISHED – 04/11/2019-6AM)